Competence: Provide learning and development opportunities in a range of contexts
Purpose: so that people can identify and achieve their individual and collective goals.
Context: CLD is based on providing learning and development opportunities that are accessible and responsive to individual and community priorities. These opportunities create personal and community benefits such as improving self-confidence and skills and enhancing employment opportunities, as well as supporting health and well-being, community regeneration and individual and community activity.
As a competent practitioner able to provide learning and development opportunities in a range of contexts you will be able to demonstrate that you can:
- provide education and development opportunities that are developed in dialogue with individuals and communities;
- generate learning opportunities that will stimulate personal and community change;
- tackle barriers to participation;
- develop, design and deliver learner-centred programmes;
- take advantage of learning and development opportunities in everyday situations;
- use appropriate methods and techniques;
- support progression and transition;
- use appropriately targeted methods to promote learning and development opportunities.
These competences and indicators should be read in conjunction with the definition of a competent CLD worker.