Approval of training
The Approval of Training Programmes Committee of the CLD Standards Council is responsible for the professional approval of CLD training programmes / courses, whether delivered by universities, FE colleges or in other settings such as the workplace. It builds on the work of the former Community Education Validation and Endorsement (CeVe) Committee.
Find out who makes up the Approval Committee here.
Watch Garry Cameron, Chair of the Approval Committee, explain the purpose and impact of the committee's work here:
The Approval Process
The professional approval process is a form of quality assurance and ensures that the programme or course:
- Has adhered to the relevant set of guidelines
- Is judged by peers to equip an individual with sufficient knowledge and skills to begin practising in the broad field of CLD.
Normally a programme or course will be approved for a period of five years with a mid-term review carried out during that time.
Why go for Approval?
There are clear benefits in gaining professional approval for your learning programme. Approval by the CLD Standards Council can help with:
- Promotion of your learning programme and your organisation to prospective practitioners wishing to undertake professional development
- Aligning your programme with the CLD Competences
- Preparing practitioners for working in the CLD sector by helping them to progress in their career
- Clearly demonstrating that your programme has been written to align with CLD values and principles
- Ensuring your learning programme matches the relevant national occupational standards