What are the aims and objectives of the Approval Guidelines?
- To raise the quality of existing learning, where appropriate, in line with stated standards of competence
- To ensure comparability of learning standards
- To provide a national system of mutual recognition and transferability of an individual’s qualifications
- To enhance the learning provision through co-operation, networking and collaboration between participating bodies
- To enhance the effectiveness and range of learning opportunities
- To enhance the status of Community Learning and Development
The Guidelines for the Approval of CLD Learning Programmes were updated in 2009 to reflect the refresh of the Competences for CLD.
Please note – these Guidelines refer to the professional approval of learning programmes up to and including degree or post-graduate level. They are not intended for CPD programmes. Should you require guidance on CPD programmes, please contact the Approval Officer for further details.